Nielsen just released an interesting look at who uses social media and how they use it. We’ve picked out some of our favorite key points, but you can read the entire report here.
- 70% of active adult online social networkers shop online. This is 12% higher than non-social networkers.
- 53% of active adult online social networkers follow a brand. 32% follow a celebrity.
- U.S. internet users spend more time on Facebook than any other web brand.
- 97% of consumers access social media on their computers. 37% access social media on their mobile devices.
- Compared to non-social networkers, active adult users are 75% more likely to spend money on music